Disclosure

Review: Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balms

03 March 2013


When I first heard about the Clinique Chubby Sticks I was soooo beyond excited. I ran out and bought one right when they came out and it was just love at first use for me. However, the Chubby Sticks are definitely not cheap, and that is the one major issue I had with them. I certainly don't mind shelling out a little bit of extra money for a really great quality product that does something extraordinarily better or different than anything else out there, but to me $16 for a tinted lip balm seems a little much.

So when I happened to be browsing through the drugstore cosmetics section and saw that Covergirl had their very own version of the Chubby Sticks for less than half the price, that made me pretty happy! I went ahead and bought three different colors: Coral Twist, Ballet Twist, and Blush Twist. Coral Twist is obviously a bright shade of coral and it turns out to be a really pretty color on my lips. Ballet Twist is a super pale pink, and although it looks pretty in the stick there is almost no color payoff when you put it on your lips. Blush Twist is a classic shade of pink, and it's a great everyday color that I'm sure I'll be getting a ton of use out of.

The consistency of the jumbo gloss balms is basically the same as the Clinique formula. I love that they give just a hint of color like a gloss without being sticky or goopy. If the texture of a lipstick, the moisture of a lip balm, and the color payoff of a lip gloss had a baby, this would be it. And for that, I absolutely love it. My biggest issue with all of the jumbo gloss balms/chubby sticks I've tried is that they just do not have any lasting power. The second you eat, drink, or breathe the color will be almost completely gone. It's not a huge deal to reapply, but it would be nice not to have to worry about constantly reapplying.

Overall, I really do like the Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balms. They are super moisturizing which I love, especially in the winter when my lips get chapped so easily. I will definitely be repurchasing Coral and Blush Twist and most likely trying some other colors. I don't love the staying power of these guys, but the affordable price makes them more than worth it!

Have you tried out any of the jumbo gloss balms? Let me know what you think in the comments below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by