Disclosure

7 Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag!

24 April 2013


Hi girlies! So I know I'm a little late on this tag, but I just rediscovered it while reading CoutureGirl's blog and it sounds like a lot of fun! In case you're unfamiliar with tag posts or videos, one person starts a list of questions and then "tags" friends to answer those same questions and pass them along to their friends. This tag in particular is obviously all about the seven deadly sins but with a beauty blogger twist! Read on to see all of the questions and my responses!

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive? 
My most inexpensive beauty item would probably be my e.l.f. Shine Eraser Oil Blotting Sheets. I used to use a way more expensive brand of oil blotting sheets, so I was pretty excited when I discovered e.l.f.'s version for only $1! They work amazingly well for getting rid of sweat or oil that builds up throughout the day without doing any damage to your makeup. 

The most expensive product I own is probably my Vitamin C Facial Radiance Powder from The Body Shop. The formula works wonders to brighten up my skin and fade any hyper-pigmentation I have from past acne. The bottle is pretty tiny and typically retails for $28, which is what I paid for mine. However, right now it is on outlet pricing for $10! 

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? 
I'm with CoutureGirl on this one, I have a serious love/hate relationship with cream blushes and highlighters. I keep trying them because they just look so pretty on everyone else, but for some reason they never end up looking right on me. Either they come out really streaky and unnatural looking, or they barely show up at all and are completely gone within a couple hours of wear. 

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? 
I'm someone who really loves sweet smells, so I naturally gravitate towards products that smell/taste like vanilla or mint. As you guys probably know, one of my all-time favorites is LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub which has the most amazing sweet mint smell in the world. I also love Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm because it literally smells just like a peppermint candy cane.

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? 
When I'm in a time crunch or feeling just plain lazy, the first thing I end up skipping is eyeliner. It takes me quite awhile to line my bottom lids just because I'm terrible at keeping the line straight and even. So I'll mess up and then have to wipe it off and start over which becomes pretty time-consuming. Plus, I often find that I don't even need eyeliner as long as I'm wearing mascara. 

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
I would have to go with concealer. I still get a few breakouts every now and then and suffer from zombie eye dark circles pretty much every morning, so a good concealer is definitely a self-confidence necessity for me. In particular, my two favorites are Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer (for blemishes) and Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (for under eye area). 

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? 
I am all about the eyes! Not necessarily a certain color or anything, I just love really soulful eyes. As far as personality traits, I love a guy who can make me laugh and gets my weird sense of humor. 

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
As far as beauty products go, I love getting new products or brands that I've never heard of or tried before! It's always fun to experiment with new makeup items and discover things that work well for me. Of course, items from high-end brands that I can never justify buying for myself would be fun too! 

That's going to be it for this tag! These questions were super fun, and I'd love to do more posts like this in the future if you guys would be interested in seeing them! In the meantime, I tag Beautiful Chapters and all of YOU to share your seven deadly sins of beauty as well! Leave a comment down below with a link to your post, I'd love to see what you answered! 


9 comments:

  1. Where do you post your videos?? I found your posts on pinterest and checked out your blog! I'ts amazing!! :) so helpful for me and you mentioned videos do you have links or anything?

    Thanks-a-million :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much girly, that's great to hear! Unfortunately, I'm not making any videos at this time. In my post, I meant that this tag can be done in both blog post and video form. Sorry if that was confusing!

      I am definitely considering starting to vlog in the future though, so keep an eye out! :)

      Delete
  2. How sweet, thanks so much Emily! I will definitely check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stole your tag! Love your blog
    http://frecklebee.blogspot.com/2013/05/hi-everyone-so-on-my-quest-for-new.html
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! I'm going to go check out your post now! ♥

      Delete
  4. I stole your tag too! lol
    http://makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com/2014/03/7-deadly-sins-of-beauty-tag.html

    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellllo! I done the tag, I loved doing it aswell, so here it is!:

    http://inspiredbyemm.blogspot.co.uk/

    It's my most recent post!! I hope you enjoy reading it, let me know in my comments on the page what you think of it! Thanks Em x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have just stolen the tag as well. Whoops. It was such great fun. I'd appreciate it if you could have a read of it. xxx

    http://mynamesiram.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/7-deadly-sins-of-beauty-tag.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't help but join in on the fun and do this tag myself. It's like beauty therapy going through your makeup bag. Lovely post. xx

    I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to see my post. Thanks.

    http://mynamesiram.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/7-deadly-sins-of-beauty-tag.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by