Disclosure

My Favorite DIY Spa Recipes!

05 April 2013


I have been absolutely overwhelmed and amazed by the popularity of my first DIY Beauty post. I just love that you guys love natural, chemical-free beauty recipes as much as I do! Sure, it may take a little extra effort to track down all the ingredients and mix them together. However, the results make them more than worth it! Plus, most of these ideas can be made for a fraction of the cost compared to their drugstore counterparts!

I just want to make a quick disclaimer that none of the recipes you'll find below are my original ideas. I've just discovered them throughout the past few months and tried them out to make sure they work as well as they claim to! In order to give proper credit to the incredible beauty gurus that originally came up with these recipes, I will simply be showing off a picture and linking you over to the proper website or blog. Everything listed here is the best of the best in my opinion, and I hope you guys will have just as positive of an experience with each and every one of these ideas!



This mask is a serious life-saver no matter what your skin type. The cucumber hydrates and soothes skin without making it oily, while the yogurt and honey work to reduce the look of large pores and tighten the skin. If you're looking for a safe bet that is sure to leave your skin glow-y and gorgeous, look no further!


As you guys probably already know, I'm a huge fan of LUSH products. One of the items they are most famous for (and I absolutely love!) are the bath bombs. Not only are these guys fun to watch bubble up in the tub, they also leave an amazing scent and always manage to relax me after a long day. This recipe is actually a lot easier to make than it seems once you get the hang of it, and it's really fun to play around with different colors and scents to see what combinations you can come up with! 


With summer just around the corner, it's time to get those legs silky smooth and ready for swimsuit season! I love how simple yet effective this recipe is. It literally took me no more than two minutes to throw together from stuff I already had in my kitchen and the results were better than any body scrub I've used in a long time! 


This soap is seriously heaven in a bottle! It works wonders if you put it in the tub during a bath to moisturize your skin, and the honey vanilla smell is absolutely amazing! Plus, if you find a cute way to package it like the photo above, these soap bottles would make a great gift idea for friends. 


As you guys know, I have super oily skin. This toner recipe has seriously been my favorite thing ever to use instead of a harsh commercial toner. It works wonders for keeping my face matte and I've also found that it really helps to shrink pores as well. However, since it can be pretty drying I would not recommend this one unless you have oily skin and even then I would only use it at most 2-3 times a week. 


This deep conditioner is a perfect pick-me-up for dry, damaged hair. It gives unbelievable shine and works tons better than any store-bought deep conditioner I have tried. Just don't overdo it, this treatment can make your hair a little too moisturized to the point of limp and oily if you use it any more than approximately once a week. 


A few months ago, a friend of mine recommended a vitamin C serum to me. She said it helps fight off signs of aging (never hurts to be proactive!) and really does a great job at brightening up your skin. So I decided to go out and try a pretty darn expensive serum from The Body Shop. It did work great, but it was also just way too much money. So I tracked down this awesome DIY idea, and I've found that it has all the same benefits for a fraction of the cost! Just be warned- some of the ingredients in this one are not things you can find at your everyday drug store. However, Delighted Momma is great about showing you where you can scoop up all the ingredients! 


Okay, first of all I just have to say that this scrub smells amazing! If you like the refreshing smell of lemon as much as I do, you will absolutely love this. It also works great to slough off dead skin and leaves your body with a gorgeous natural glow!

So I know I gave a lip balm recipe in my last DIY post, but since you guys loved that one so much I wanted to share another one of my favorite concoctions. I know beeswax sounds like it wouldn't be the easiest ingredient to find, but I actually managed to track it down at my local natural foods store. 


This face mask is seriously the perfect thing come late summer and fall. And it works so well I can't help but use it in the springtime every now and again as well! The reason it's such a miracle mask? Pumpkins are filled with vitamins and enzymes that work great to soothe and moisturize the skin. Plus, all the ingredients for this mask can easily be found at your local grocery store!

Bath bombs are a huge hit at skincare retailers like Lush, and for good reason. These little guys are known for their soothing scents, fun fizzy effect, and easy recipe. I make them all the time with just a few household items, and it's super simple and fun to customize them with all different mold shapes, colors, and scents. 

Have you tried any of these recipes? Have any other DIY spa ideas you'd like to share? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! 

Reader Submissions: 







9 comments:

  1. For girls (or dudes, whatever) with sensitive skin, like I have, use a mixture of 3/4 cup of organic apple cider vinegar, 3/4 cup of brewed and cooled green tea, and 1/8 cup of rosewater. Works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that out, thanks for the idea! :)

      Delete
  2. This post is a bit old, but still very useful. I also LOVE your blog! Here's another one to add to the list, maybe?

    http://www.sifascorner.com/2013/01/cinnamon-scrub.html

    It's a cinnamon face scrub that I've personally tried. It shrinks pores and reduces blackheads, and is very useful for those with large blackheads ora LOT of blackheads. Or both. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much JoJo! I will definitely check out the recipe, it sounds great!!

      Delete
  3. I tried out the Honey Foaming Bath Soap and I love it! Its super easy to make and quick! It really helps moisturize your skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing Katie! So glad it worked for you!! :)

      Delete
  4. Just found this through Pinterest. Wow, these are amazing! Definitely going to follow you!
    halcyonlagoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Shireese Lincoln and I would like the recipe to the Vitamin C serum please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just tried the peppermint sugar scrub and it worked great!Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by