Disclosure

What's In My Makeup Bag!

08 April 2013


In the hours upon hours I have spent watching YouTube beauty vloggers and reading other blogs, I've noticed that "What's In My Makeup Bag" seems to be a pretty common (and fun!) topic. So I've decided to go ahead and jump on the bandwagon and give you guys a look inside my day-to-day cosmetics bag!

Since I generally use a small crossbody bag, I have to really pick and choose what products are essential in my little makeup case. There are a few key pieces I always need to throw in, and then a couple items that kind of rotate in and out depending on my mood, my look, and my favorites at the moment.



I wanted to begin by letting you guys know where my actual makeup bag is from. I got it at Forever 21 about a month ago, and it was a total steal for less than $4! I absolutely love the shimmery gold polka dots, and I also like that the base color of the bag is black which means that any loose powder or other stains won't show up as much. Here's the link for the bag if you'd like to purchase it. It should also still be at most Forever 21 locations! 

Now I'll be going through the items in my bag clockwise starting from the top:

1. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Mega Melon- As you guys probably already know, I seriously love nearly every single brand/version of the chubby sticks. This shade happens to be one of my very favorites because it's a really wearable everyday color. I can just pull it out of my bag and throw some on without needing a mirror or any serious effort. Plus, it's super moisturizing which is always appreciated with my chronically chapped lips!

2. e.l.f. Studio Translucent Matifying Powder- I love this matifying powder so much, I make sure that I have two handy at all times. One to keep in my room with my full makeup collection, and one to throw in my makeup bag so that I can touch up on the go. Since I have really oily skin, this compact works wonders to keep shine in check and set other face products to help them stay on all day. And for $3, it's a pretty easy investment!

3. Boots No7 High Shine Haute Brilliance in Flirt- So I just sort of stumbled on this gloss while I was at Target one day and I completely fell in love with it. The color is beautiful (and matches really well with my chubby stick!), and the gloss is not nearly as sticky as most other brands. Unfortunately, it seems that this particular formulation has been discontinued. I was able to track down a super similar one that is also from Boots No7 on Target's website, so I'll go ahead and link that here

4. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm in Cherry Me- I seriously have an unhealthy obsession with the Baby Lips line of lip balms. They all just smell so good and keep my lips super hydrated- all for only $3! I basically apply this lip balm all day long, so it's always a must-have in my makeup bag. 

5. Jemma Kidd On Location Kit in Dare to Bare- This palette has been a complete dream product for me these past few months. I love that it has all super wearable colors including 4 shades of eyeshadow ranging from cream to chocolate brown, and some really beautiful cheek and lip colors. If I don't have time to apply full makeup at home, I can always reach for this kit in the car or bathroom and I have almost every product I need! Sadly, it was limited edition so it's not being sold in stores or online any more. In fact, Target pretty much stopped selling Jemma Kidd altogether which basically broke my heart. Sorry girlies! If I could I would share it with all of you!

And that's it for my makeup bag! Now I want to hear what must-have items you keep in YOUR makeup bag!! Let me know in the comments down below! 

2 comments:

  1. Must-Haves: eyeliner, mascara, clippers, tweezers (can you tell I'm almost 50 - hellllooo sudden 5-inch long hair!), a nail file, small mirror, and an extra chap stick...for special occasions I might carry tinted moisturizer and cream blush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good collection of stuff Stacey! You're definitely not alone on the random long eyebrow hairs lol, I'm 20 and I get them from time to time! :)

      Delete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by