Disclosure

Budget Beauty: MAC Dupes!

12 June 2013


Hi girlies! It has been way too long since I've given you guys a new drugstore dupes post, and this time I wanted to give it a bit of a twist. So I decided that this post will be dedicated to all my favorite MAC dupes! For those of you who don't know, MAC is a brand of professional-quality cosmetics known for its insanely huge selection of colors. Unfortunately, with all that awesomeness comes some pretty high prices as well. Although there are some MAC products that cannot be duplicated and are worth the splurge, I've found tons of great drugstore alternatives to others!

As always, please keep in mind that prices and availability are subject to change depending on when and where you buy. It's also important to remember than the pictures you'll see below are not a completely accurate representation of the colors of these products. So if you see two items that do not look like a match here at all, I promise they do in real life!

With that all out of the way, let's go ahead and jump into everything!



Both of these cream eyeshadows make an amazing base for eye makeup! The shimmery champagne color also makes a gorgeous highlight color for under the brow or on the inner corners of your eyes.

The Original: MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study- $18.50
Drugstore Dupe: Maybelline Eye Studio Metal Color Tattoo in Barely Branded- $6


I absolutely love this classic pink lipstick from MAC, so when I found a Revlon dupe I was pretty excited! It's not an identical match, but similar enough that I can put them side-by-side on my lips and there is almost no difference. They are both a super flattering, cool-toned pink that's perfect for everyday wear.

The Original: MAC Lipstick in Snob- $15
Drugstore Dupe: Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout- $8


These two shades are almost completely identical, other than the fact that the L'Oreal eyeshadow has a bit more shimmer to it.  The Infallible line has an amazing selection of shadows (with tons of MAC dupes!) so I would definitely recommend looking at their full selection of colors.

The Original: MAC Eyeshadow in Satin Taupe- $15
Drugstore Dupe: L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe- $7


As you guys know, I typically stay far away from cream blushes because of my oily skin. However, something about MAC's cremeblend formula makes it really wearable and long-lasting for me. And although NYX's version is not quite as high-quality, it's still a great product as well and the color is dead-on!

The Original: MAC Cremeblend Blush in Ladyblush- $21
Drugstore Dupe: NYX Cream Blush in Natural- $6.50


I used to be absolutely obsessed with MAC Fluidline, but I always just felt like $16 was a little overpriced for a tiny container of gel liner. Thank goodness I found Maybelline's alternative! The formula is super creamy, and the quality is just as good as Fluidline if not better (for half the price!).

The Original: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack- $16
Drugstore Dupe: Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Black- $8


This shade of lipstick is definitely not something I break out for everyday wear, but for the right occasion it can be completely stunning! If you're looking for a dark lipstick perfect for Fall and Winter, there is nothing better to me than Black Cherry...or Dark Side if you'd like to splurge a little more.

The Original: MAC Lipstick in Dark Side- $15
Drugstore Dupe: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry- $7


Lately I have just been a complete highlight junkie, so MAC Lustre drops is just one of the many items I've been playing with. Although it gives a super gorgeous glow, I just can't justify repurchasing it for the price. Which is why I am so glad I found a nearly identical dupe in Boots No7 Skin Illuminator! It has the exact same lightweight liquid formula that gives off an incredible natural glow.

The Original: MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel- $21
Drugstore Dupe: Boots No7 Skin Illuminator in Peach- $10


Russian Red (and it's dupe!) is one of the most flattering red lipsticks I have ever purchased. It definitely has a cool tone to it, which I think is much more flattering. Revlon really is amazing for lipstick dupes, they have a huge selection of colors that seriously rival high-end brands for quality.

The Original: MAC Lipstick in Russian Red- $15
Drugstore Dupe: Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red- $8

And those are all of my favorite MAC dupes! I'd love to add some reader-submitted dupes to the list, so feel free to share all of your dupes in the comments below!

P.S.- Be sure to check out my new YouTube channel! I make beauty and style videos, and I'd love your support! ♥


55 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, just wandering what program that you use to create the images?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew MAC had cream blushes but I love the NYX ones! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah!
    I love your blog thanks so much for all the great posts.
    I have two questions:
    1) where do you get all of your ideas for posts?
    2) how much time do you dedicate to your blog?

    I'm just starting a blog and I would really appreciate any advice you could give me :)
    http://elsiemort.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morty!

      I typically look for inspiration on Pinterest or other blogs, but I always try to give stuff my own twist! :) You can find the answer to #2 and a lot more on this post: http://sparkleandmineblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-beauty-guru-tag.html

      Delete
  4. Love your blog! New follower right here : ) Great idea xx

    Rebecca x | Ze Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post!!! :D U found everything!
    The revlon lipstick looks great !
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny thing, I own NYX Cream blush in Natural as well as MAC Ladyblush..and I thought what was I thinking buying cream blushes that literally the exact same color...I wish you could have posted this sooner lol! Thank you for such a helpful post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the great suggestions - Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!
    I'm always searching for good dupes because I simply want to save money, so this is really helpful <3
    GIG love <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. never use mac n nyx. (pitty me)

    gitalockwood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatever it is. Nothing compares to MAC for me. #GIG

    http://rosalietangonan.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol- if you don't mind splurging than more power to ya girl!

      Delete
  11. I don't have MAC products, but how I wish I have one. It's good that there are actually alternatives for most products from them with good prices of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There definitely are some great dupes out there!

      Delete
  12. Wow now this is a very clever post. Very well written! XOXO :)
    www.stilettosandtequila.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although I love MAC (who doesn't!! :D), I hate to fish out so much money for them.. This would be really helpful for me.. Thanks! Will be waiting for more such posts.. :)
    <3 #GIG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I'm sure there will be more posts like this coming soon! :)

      Delete
  14. I'm always on the look out for dupes. I'll be bookmarking this page. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great finds! I always fnd nyx as a good dupe for mac :) #GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nunca esta de más ahorrar, porque regalar el dinero que tanto cuesta ganar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please excuse the potentially awful translation skills on my part lol: Estoy totalmente de acuerdo Violetta!

      Delete
  17. Great post ty. Do you know of any dupes for mac rule, brown script and red brick?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love dupe posts! They are always so helpful!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Where do u shop for Boots makeup? I've never heard of it, but need that luster drops dupe ASAP! Lol thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Boots makeup is a Target brand.

      Delete
    2. Boots is an english drugstore, target carries their brand.

      Delete
    3. Boots is an english drugstore, target carries their brand.

      Delete
  20. This is an awesome post, really well thought out and beautifully put together:)
    Cheers
    Carly
    http://www.carlytati.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pls do more on other high end brands and their dupes...thank you for sharing...awesome! !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice that the colors match, but what about quality ? does it compare ? and what about lasting effect are they the same ? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. what about quality, do the products compare ? and what about lasting effect ? Thank you. (if this publishes twice, so sorry, computer problems this morning)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there, im looking for a good dupe for MAC prep n prime? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, im looking for a good dupe for MAC prep n prime. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the suggestions, and for providing the prices as well.

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Sarah! love your blog i read all your posts tonight! Question.. how did you link the stuff on the side?
    <-------------------- I just started my third blog and blogspot is so confusing to me!
    also please please take a look at my up and coming beauty blog!
    Beautybysamanthapro.blogspot.com
    thanks beautiful!
    xoxo
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your blog its so awesome, even though its american and im english, i find i can relate quite easily to it and the produts youve reviewed :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I WISH i could get mac at these prices! in Australia the lipstick is like $36

    ReplyDelete
  30. Do you (or anyone else) know of a dupe for MAC Brownscript? I live in a very, very small town & there is no Target...Goodys clothing store for NYX or Wal-mart are the only places for makeup. Or Belk, but they're awfully expensive also. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by