Disclosure

Budget Beauty: Drugstore Dupes!

18 February 2013


Is it weird that I would rather slum it up with some Ramen Noodles for dinner and save my money for that new makeup I've been coveting? I mean, who needs real nourishment when you have cute lip gloss, right?

Okay, that may be a little extreme. But I have a way you can have your awesome makeup and still have money in your pocket too- drugstore dupes! A drugstore dupe is basically a cheaper and drugstore-brand duplicate of a more expensive product. In fact, I have found that some of these dupes are actually better than their expensive cosmetic counter counterpart. Of course, these are all items that have been tested by me so I can tell you from personal experience that they are truly amazing!

I've discovered a lot of my all-time favorite drugstore dupes by subscribing to Birchbox. It's $10 for makeup box filled with a personalized mix of full-size and sample products from some seriously amazing brands! If you want to try out new products on the cheap, I highly recommend giving Birchbox a try! Click here to learn more!

The Original: Dior Amber Diamond Highlighter- $45

Drugstore Dupe: Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki -$9 (The color looks dark on here, but it actually comes out to be almost the same color as Amber Diamond. It works great as a highlighter even on my fair skin!)



The Original: Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten- $18




The Original: NARS Bronzer in Laguna- $36
Drugstore Dupe: Wet n' Wild Bronzer in Princess- $7

The Original: YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch- $40



The Original: Benefit High Beam- $26

Drugstore Dupe: Boots No7 Illuminating Lotion- $13

The Original: MAC Lipstick in Vegas Volt- $18


Drugstore Dupe: e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit- $3

Let me know in the comments what your favorite drugstore dupes are! 



28 comments:

  1. Going to be trying these, especially the Hard Candy Bronzer... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear Mollyeleen! Let me know how the products work out for you!!

      Delete
  2. Great info! I can't wait to try some of these! (found your blog on Pinterest with this post :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this post gave you some ideas! I'd love to hear what you think of the products you try! :)

      Delete
  3. I just did some online shopping today and ordered a Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso...it's supposed to be a great dupe for the oh-so-famous NARS Orgasm. I can't wait to try it!!! Do you (or anyone else on here) know of any dupes that are still available for the Naked 1 and 2 palettes? I've heard of a couple but I can't find them anywhere :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the naked palettes, but I have heard from a few popular youtube gurus and bloggers that the nyz runway collection palette in caviar and bubbles is a partial dupe for some of the shades found in naked palette 1.

      Delete
    2. Victoria's Secret has a dupe for the Naked palette. I think it's $25-$30.

      Delete
    3. The Naked palettes are worth the money! I wear at least 3 or 4 eyeshadows from my palette EVERY DAY, and I've had mine for over a year. It's still going strong too! I love these drugstore dupes but the Naked palettes are worth it.

      Delete
    4. I have Sephora's Primal Instincts Palette and it's about $28. I didnt want to spend $50 on the Naked palette either lol. I think the Primal Instincts is just more shimmery than the Naked Palette.

      Delete
    5. Thanks for all the great suggestions girlies!! I actually have a full post now that discusses Naked Palette Dupes here: http://sparkleandmineblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/budget-beauty-naked-palette-dupes.html :)

      Delete
    6. I bought the e.l.f. neutral pallet for $6 at walgreens! The colors are suppose to be similar to the naked palettes. I love the colors and it's super cheap! It's nice to find the colors that you really like before investing.

      Delete
  4. Two dupes I've seen (at Walmart) for the Naked palette:

    Hard Candy Top Ten Eye Shadow - Neutrals - $6.00
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hard-Candy-Top-Ten-Eye-Shadow/21472880

    Physicians Formula Shadow - Nude Shimmer - $9.63
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Physicians-Formula-Shadow-Nude-Shimmer/19597695?findingMethod=rr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Rose, thanks so much for sharing! :)

      Delete
  5. HI
    I know the dupes come out looking the same if not better in cases but are the chemicals in dupes harsher on the skin ???? if not I'm so going to save some money this year!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I have pretty sensitive skin and I have never had an issue with any of these products. I can't say they are without any chemicals- but there is certainly nothing in them that I have experienced to be harsh or irritating in any way.

      Hope that helped! :)

      Delete
  6. So can someone with darker skin try the hard candy bronzer as a highlight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosa! I haven't tested it, but I would think so! It's basically just a gold, shimmery color. So if your skin has warm undertones it should work nicely! :)

      Delete
  7. I think my favorite dupe is probable the E.L.F blush and bronzer duo (they added more so the one i like is called St. Lucia) is the best dupe for the NARS orgasm and laguna duo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that duo from e.l.f. Hannah, it really is a great dupe! :)

      Delete
  8. Instead of Bare Minerals, I use the much cheaper Mineral Fusion, found at Whole Foods Markets. Great coverage, half the price. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds amazing Erin! I'll definitely have to look for their line the next time I'm at Whole Foods!!

      Delete
  9. i use bare minerals, can you post a few comparisons on equally clean and well wearing products? super excited to see the elf option though- $3? crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely keep that in mind for a future post Kristin, thanks for the suggestion! :)

      Delete
  10. Do you know of any dupes for the compact mac foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use powder foundation, but I've heard that Revlon (I think the ColorStay line) has a really good one!

      Delete
  11. does anyone know of a drugstore dupe for the benefit hoola bronzer?

    ReplyDelete
  12. does anyone know of a dupe for the Mac lipstick fluer d'coral?

    ReplyDelete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by