Today I'm going to finally be doing one of of my most-requested posts, my morning makeup and skincare routine! I'm pretty much the worst morning person you will ever meet, so my routine is a constant struggle between doing as much as I can to look good and getting as much sleep as I possibly can. Not gonna lie, sometimes the need for sleep wins and my makeup ends up thrown together in a rush (see my post on how to sleep in and still look pretty). So this post is definitely for the days when I'm feeling a bit more motivated!
Anyways, let's go ahead and get started!
Part 1: Skincare
- The first thing I do when I get up in the morning (besides shower) is cleanse my face with Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil-Eliminating Foaming Cleanser.
- Then, I use Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner to remove any leftover dirt or oil from my skin.
- Next, I like to buff away any dry, flaky skin with The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion. Keep in mind, this scrub can be a little harsh so I would not recommend using it daily. The Body Shop recommends using it once a week, but I use it every day that I wear full makeup which is typically about 4 days a week.
- And finally, I moisturize my skin with the Clean & Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer.
Part 2: Face
- I always begin my makeup routine by applying a matte primer to keep my skin from getting greasy throughout the day and keep my makeup looking its best. The primer I'm using right now is Boots No7 Shine-Free Makeup Base.
- Then, I apply Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Ivory all over my face with a damp makeup blending sponge. I like to work the foundation from the center of the face out, so I end up with more coverage in trouble areas like my t-zone and it lightens up as I get closer to my upper forehead and neck.
- Once my foundation is set, I apply my Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Ultra Light over any blemishes or other issues on my face that need a bit of extra coverage.
- Next, I apply Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer under my eyes to get rid of my morning zombie eyes.
- Once all my liquid makeup is dry, I set it with e.l.f. Studio Translucent Matifying Powder. This step is as crucial as primer to me in keeping my makeup in place and preventing it from caking up.
- Then, I apply a light bronzer right under my cheekbones to create contour and then brush the excess onto my temples and jawline. Right now I'm using the bronzer in my Too Faced Natural Face Palette.
- And last but not least, I finish off my face with a dusting of the powder blush from my Natural Face Palette on the apples of my cheeks.
Part 3: Eyes
- I begin my eye makeup by applying e.l.f. Eyelid Primer all over my lids. Just like the primer for my face, this stuff makes sure that my eye makeup won't budge all day.
- Next, I break out my ginormous e.l.f. Studio 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral and use it to sweep a golden shadow on my lids, medium shimmery brown into my crease, and a shimmery cream below my brow and in the inner corners of my eyes. Obviously, the exact colors and palettes I use vary everyday but this is one of my new favorite looks.
- Then, I line my upper eyelid with an e.l.f. Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black. I like this eyeliner because it gives me a liquid liner look with the control of a pencil.
- For my lower lid, I've recently been using Covergirl Exact Eyelights Brightening Eyeliner in Vivid Pearl. I just happened to grab it because it was on sale, and it's been working really well for me for tightlining along my lower lashline.
- Once my eyeliner is all set I apply a coat of my Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black to my top and bottom lashes. I never really have an issue with panda eyes from mascara, but those of you that do might want to try the waterproof version.
- And the last step in my eye makeup routine is fixing up my eyebrows. I start by using the powder from my NYC Brush-On Brow Kit to fill in any sparse areas. Then, I groom my eyebrows and keep them in place with Maybelline Great Lash Mascara/Brow Gel in Clear.
Part 4: Lips
- My lip routine always begins with LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub. It works wonders for buffing away dryness and peeling on my lips and it smells/tastes amazing. Yep, that's right. You can lick it off when you're done.
- Next, I apply a lip balm to keep my lips moisturized all day long. Right now I'm loving Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm.
- Then I finish it off with whatever lip product I'm wearing for the day. Today I'm wearing Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Coral Twist.
And that's all for my morning makeup routine! Well, I shouldn't say that's all because it is seriously a lot of steps when I write it all out like that! I promise it goes by faster than it sounds like it would!
Now I want to see YOUR morning makeup routines! I'm going to be doing a link-up with anyone who's interested, so if you'd like to share your routine with me feel free to comment with a link to your post or video down below and I'll add you in! ♥
Beautiful Chapters- Beauty Rant: Morning Routine
Never Finished- My Morning Makeup and Skincare Routine