photo via Thoughts by Natalie
Hello lovelies! As I'm sure you all know by now, I have kind of a crazy busy life. And after running around most days morning til night, the last thing I want to do the next day is get up extra early to spend time on my hair and makeup. So over the years, I've discovered quite a few super useful and time-saving beauty hacks for all you lazy girls out there like me. Get ready to extend that beauty sleep!
1. To keep your hair in place all day with less bobby pins, spray each bobby pin with a coat of hairspray right before putting it in your hair. I use this trick every time I put up my hair to lock in the style and keep baby hairs from the nape of my neck securely pinned up.
2. Use an old gift card or credit card as a foolproof guide for winged liner. This trick is an absolute must for me whenever I'm attempting a cat-eye with liquid liner. Any excess product that goes below the card line will stay on the card and off your eyes!
3. Apply eyeliner to the edge of your lash curler to curl your lashes and line them at the same time. While you're squeezing and holding on the curler, the liner will press right onto the base of your lashes for a perfect line!
4. Dry shampoo is your best friend on those cold winter mornings when you just aren't feeling like getting your hair wet. Be sure to apply it in quick bursts of spray along your part, and then comb it through the rest of your hair. For my fellow dark-haired girls that complain about the white powdery residue it creates, try Batiste A Hint of Colour Dry Shampoo in Dark & Deep Brown.
5. If you run out of liner and don't have time to run to the store, just use your mascara and a liner brush to make your own! All you need to do is sweep your flat or angled liner brush against a mascara wand and then line as you normally would. I swear by this trick whenever I'm in a pinch and out of liner.
For even more beauty hacks, be sure to check out my 7 Beauty Hacks video! Click the video link below to learn all my must-see tips and tricks!