Disclosure

Giant Makeup Haul & Review! Korean, High-End, Drugstore, H&M, and More!

09 June 2016


Hi lovelies! I am not entirely sure how it happened, but 4 online orders and 3 trips to the cosmetics counter later, I have amassed quite the haul of new products. So today I have a huge assortment of drugstore, high-end, Korean, and H&M items to share with you all. I've had the chance to try some of these products already, so I'll sprinkle in mini reviews wherever I can. Keep reading for my huge makeup haul & review!


Korean Beauty

Clio Lip Syrup - Smells like a Jolly Rancher and leaves lips looking juicy without that sticky feeling.

Peripera Peri's Lip Ink - SUPER pigmented and long-wearing lip stain. But seriously, good luck getting this stuff off, even with the included Ink Remover. 

Clio Kill Brow Tinted Tattoo - The marker felt a bit dried out and the color went on very light, but it really did last through naps, showers, sweat, and essentially everything else I typically put my poor brows through. The tinted brow gel on the other end is nothing special. 

Peripera Wholly Deep Jewel Pot - Holy gorgeousness. This glittery little eyeshadow pot has an almost mousse-like formula that makes application a breeze. I'm stocking up on more shades!

Clio Kill Black Waterproof Brush Liner - I haven't actually had the chance to use this yet, but I swatched it on my arm and it would not budge, even with some scrubbing in the shower. That's promising!

Peripera Oil Capture Blur Cushion - I really liked the initial coverage and finish of this foundation, but it separated and got a bit oily on me throughout the day. Not the best for a product that literally promises to capture your oil. Why did you give it back, Peripera? I don't want it. 

H&M Beauty

H&M High Impact Eye Colour - I'd heard so many great things about these eyeshadows, so I was pretty surprised when the first color I swatched (Sharp as Mustard) was a bit dry. Some shades seem to swatch and apply creamier, but it's kind of a mixed bag. Still, they are all beautiful and very pigmented. 

H&M Colour Essence Eye Cream - If you like cream shadows, you'll absolutely love this long-wearing, beautifully iridescent formula. 

H&M Pure Radiance Powder Blusher - These blushes are hands-down my favorite product from the H&M beauty range. Some of the most pigmented and smooth blushes I've ever tried, and the packaging is lovely as well.

H&M Solar Flair Bronzing Powder - This bronzer's formula is very similar to the powder blusher, meaning that it's amazing. My only qualm is lack of shade selection, as my store only carried Golden Honey, which is a bit orange for my liking. It looks like they have a better selection of shades online. 

High-End

Urban Decay Naked Flushed - On their own, the bronzer, blush, and highlight included here are all fantastic. I just wish there was some separation so that the powder dust from one part didn't kick off into the other as it so often does. 

MAC Fix + - I have been pretty stubborn about buying Fix + up until now, as I just couldn't justify spending $22 on glorified water. However, I've heard it does amazing things for foiling shadow and refreshing makeup. Stay tuned for updates.

MAC Eyeshadow in Satin Taupe - This one is pretty self-explanatory, as it is a frosty shade of taupe. Like most MAC shadows, the formula is creamy and pigmented. 

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater - This spray smells like old lady, but it has a refreshing, spa-like feel that rejuvenates your skin throughout the day. 

Drugstore

Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer - Smells like sunscreen. I purchased the darker shade of the two, and this bronzer still goes on so light that it is barely even visible. I suppose this would be good if you are very fair or want a subtle bronze. 

Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Ergonomic Felt Tip - Jeez, that product name is a mouthful. I've only tried this liner once so far, and it didn't seem that different from its competitors other than the weird shape that didn't do much. Beauty gurus rave about it though, so perhaps I'm missing something. 

Coty Airspun Powder - Once again, I bought this based on many positive reviews I've seen. I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but I will keep you guys posted.

Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzing Powder - Yes, I'm aware that I buy way too many bronzers. The first step is admitting you have a problem. I haven't had the chance to actually use this yet (since I have 50 others), but it swatches beautifully and smells like a piƱa colada. 

Essence Eyeliner Pen Waterproof - Yes, I am also aware that I buy entirely too many felt-tip liners. Perhaps I'll do a battle of the liners post one day. You all might as well benefit from my hoarding. Anyway, this eyeliner is super cheap and super black. What more can you ask for?

Essence Lip Liner - This lip liner has more of a stiff consistency, but that's ideal when you want to truly line or overline the lips. If a pencil is too creamy, it won't stay put. 

Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer - I haven't had the chance to try this foundation yet, but I've heard that it provides beautiful full coverage as long as you mix in a drop of beauty oil to keep it from getting too heavy.

Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink - I'm obsessed with Luminoso, so I decided to give this a go. It's very pink, and very glittery. This can be good or bad depending on your preferences. 

J.Cat Beauty Triple Crown Baked Eyeshadow in Dolce De Leche - This baked beauty gives a glow unlike any other. It can of course be used as an eyeshadow, but it also makes a gorgeous highlighter. 

L.A. Girl Pro BB Cream - Sadly, I have not had the chance to try this yet. 

Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin - I have loved this foundation for years, but I haven't purchased it in awhile because I hated the packaging. Now that it has a pump, I'm ready to fall in love all over again. This foundation provides beautiful coverage, oil control, and staying power.  

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry - Another item widely renowned in the beauty community that I'm somehow just getting my hands on. Black Cherry is a beautiful shade in a creamy formula. However, the color is quite bold, so I don't think I will find myself reaching for it on a regular basis. 

What products have you picked up lately? I'd love to hear all about them in the comments below!


3 comments:

  1. those seem like nice products to try!

    lu | Coco&Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely been enjoying them! Have you tried any new products lately, Lu?

      Delete
  2. They look like amazing products!! Lovely little haul you've got there! x

    Victoria | http://victoriaahelenn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by